Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Yin and Yang of Tennis


Good morning dear hearts,

I love tennis. It is my second favourite sport. There are a few of you out there who know what my most favourite sport is, but for the rest of you.. all will be revealed as we get to know each other better.

I run around that court like a blue heeler onto his own much loved tennis ball. I would like to think I look a little more elegant than a blue heeler... my best friend, (of which I have several), Miss Mellie, describes me as a golden retriever, but the truth of the matter is that on the inside I am that blue heeler..one more set, one more game..

But to the yin and the yang of tennis.

My coach understands me well enough to know how to balance my yin on top of my yang. No mean feat when I'm trying to serve.

There is the blue heeler part of me that just wants to whack that ball sooo hard I end up playing on the court in the next town. Excellent anger management therapy. Then there is the laconic Isadora Duncan side of me that justs wants to look good in a little white skirt and long flowing scarf making fairy steps to the ball, a pirouette and flourish at the end as I elegantly tap the ball over the net on my way to tea..

These two bed fellows do not a good tennis player make..as my coach says..the only thing holding you back is what is between your ears...(or the scarf in the case of the Isadora Duncan part of me).

Sports Pychology. I love it. I am working on myself. The blue Heeler and Isadora must come together in some kind of Sharipova grunt to make me Mixed Doubles material, and no I'm not talking mixed double vodkas. Although a refreshing beverage after a hard session on the court is really just the thing. And isn't that what Doubles is all about? Hit and a giggle..

Enjoy Wednesday.

Love Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment