Friday, July 23, 2010

Who'd have thought?...

Dear hearts,

I know I've gone on about this before, but I still can't believe what happens to me. How my life keeps unfolding.

I was contemplating in the shower, mystified as usual at the events that unfold daily, when it occurred to me...what did I actually expect from my life. I must confess to no grand plan beyond losing my virginity at 18 and a half...My biggest decision after leaving school was University or Virginity? It never occurred to me that I could do both concurrently.

So I deferred from Syd uni and moved to Kings Cross...obvi...

Talk about opening my eyes. My single bed had it's spot in the lounge room as both of the bedrooms were taken. One by my best friend with whom I went to school and the other by a beautiful bi sexual woman who worked for a large record company. Coming home at the end of a Saturday night out seeing live music when pubs still had stages and dance floors, it would be a bit of a lottery to see if my little bed was free or full of boys and girls.

And then I met the John that I thought would do the trick for me and I would move on. In my mind, I would get the embarrassing business of breaking the hymen out of the way with a faceless body, develop a little technique and get out. Sadly and for some unknown reason, it took three years. All was not lost completely. I spent a year in south east Asia and India that changed me forever and celebrated my 21st birthday in the beautiful city of Mysore.

With some life experience, it was in the desert town of Pushka that I unlocked the mystery of the baby O, and considerable travel experience behind me I was able then to move on. We all know about the Sperm donor and the Charms and fear not Dear hearts, there are still a few good stories left to tell, before we find ourselves here in the far far north. All in good time.

I could have settled for the safe option of tradie and cottage in the suburbs. I could have taken myself to uni and who knows what. To be honest, I think I would have become insufferable, elitist and extremely uptight. Disappearing up my own academic arsehole. I doubt I would have discovered the little tricks I now have to play with or have had the compassion for you Dear hearts and empathy for the universe generally. But I could be wrong. See that's the thing...I'll never know.

I guess it doesn't matter. I can't change anything that has gone before. And I wouldn't. Those Bright Young Things for example. All I can do is make those darlings aware of the choices they can make. The potential they have to exercise and the opportunities available to them. They are so lucky.

And so am I. I have you, I have them and my own potential to explore and develop.

Enough contemplation. Here's to the future. Whatever it may be.

Enjoy the possibility.

With love
Miss Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment