Thursday, January 7, 2010

I wouldn't get out of bed for less than...

Dear hearts,

With the new year and it’s holidays, Miss Mich has found herself in a somewhat languid routine of early morning sport, sleep ins, lunchtime sport and not much else. Having made cut backs to the cherry tomato intake, there seems so much more time in the day. If you recall our last tete et tete, you will see that is two ticks already for the MM 2010 To Do list.

I do hope Dear hearts, your list is buoyant, achievable and in clear sight on the fridge.

Motivation. Today’s most Capital Letter worthy topic. Without it, honestly, who would get out of bed? Actually, motivation can keep me in bed. But that is a side topic, obvi…

Miss Mich herself is feeling more motivated this year than any of the previous 6 or so post former life years. It is possible that Miss Mich is finally getting her shit together. Even though there may be some curly issues that will have to be taken out of the boxes they currently occupy. The boxes on the high shelves at the back of MM’s emotional cupboard. We have spoken about this before when I had misplaced my sentimentality. The very fact that I am inclined to tackle this is progress in itself.

One thing that helps all of this, that moves me along to contemplate sorting things and people, some of whom are 15 years in the box, is Optimism. And maybe readiness. Killer combo, those three.

Motivation. Optimism and Readiness.

Motivation gets you going, Optimism pushes you forward and Readiness helps you take the first step. With the bright young things all going their separate ways, it does make it easier to get going oneself. That, and perhaps the thought that one is not going forward on one’s own.

It doesn’t really matter what motivates you as long as the end result is a positive. Admittedly, revenge isn’t necessarily the best starting point. One of my most universal, reliable and enduring pieces of wisdom for all is “My success will be my best revenge”. It’s a classic. It keeps the bunnies out of the cooking pot and the knives in the kitchen drawer.

Another key point with motivation is that it must come from within. Don’t let me hear you say, Dear hearts, in a whiny self indulgent tone…”but I did it all for you…” Don’t even think about it. It doesn’t matter what it is, if you can’t want it yourself, then don’t expect anyone else to be grateful for it and fall all over you after you have sacrificed your youth for some charming yet mendacious smooth talker who promised the world, ok gave a lot of it and then brought home the pregnant 19 yr old, put her in your harbourside backyard and promised you that really, nothing has changed…hang on…I’m getting confused…but you get my point.

And the point is be motivated. Be positive and set yourself some doable goals. I realize I’m still on the New Years Bandwagon, but that’s what all the lovely downtime languishing at the cottage after all that beautiful sport allows me.

Now if only I had the motivation to get out of bed…

Enjoy Friday if nothing else.

With love
Miss Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment