Sunday, December 27, 2009

Lovesong

Dear hearts,

Miss Mich is on holidays...and not a moment too soon. The last thing I want is to get tetchy with you my loves, and we were getting perilously close. The Bright Young Things have been feeling the sharp edge of my tongue and there is a certain chicken who was oh so close to hearing the truth as I see it...mercifully the 23rd came along and all were released from the potential of Miss Mich's somewhat acerbic point of view.

Patience.

Not only am I giving P the capital letter it deserves, I am giving it a stand alone paragraph. Such is the esteem in which I hold said virtue. All because, of course, I do not possess it. Is Patience the same as Tolerance? Surely they are related. Nelson Mandela would not have survived all those years in jail without the tag team of both. Same with that Burmese chick under house arrest all these years. How stupid are both those ridiculous and unconscionable situations. All that Winnie Mandela....Miss Mich must confess to getting Winnie confused with Aretha. Am I right though? You know I am...Respect to both obvi...And don't get me started on the exiled Dalai Lama...

Political internment aside, Miss Mich is thinking more of emotional internment. Hard to corral a beating heart, Dear hearts. You can only rope 'em so much. The heart is going to bust out and do something crazy as the baby would say. Different to psycho obvi...All because, of course, that emotion does not rhyme with tempered. Passionate maybe. I'm sure there is a Ted Hughes poem that puts heart and passion and possibly something in the extreme in the same stanza. In fact, if the print out on my fridge does not lie...

Where do I start...

Her promises took the top off his skull
She would get a brooch made of it
His vows pulled out all her sinews
He showed her how to make a love knot

I could go on, well Ted could... but then I would need to bite and scratch and push and pull just like Ted. And that may not be viewed as nice in polite company. And Miss Mich is nothing if not nice. Especially in polite company...

Given the afore mentioned, Miss Mich is in the process of learning Patience. Not easy, Dear hearts. It's one thing to wait for the pony on the list for Santa...

It's a bit of a Zen thing really, and when Miss Mich puts it in those terms, she can almost sell it to herself. Maybe the best approach is to knock herself out for a prescribed period of time, wake up refreshed, 3 kilos lighter and the prize in her lap...everybody would be happy and we could all go home.

I keep telling myself Patience is good. It really is. But to be honest, I actually value Tenacity above Patience. How long is one going to sit around and wait for Patience to grant you your wish. At least with Tenacity, one has the opportunity to work oneself towards the prize. With Tenacity, we have the option to take the responsibility on ourselves. I fear with Patience, it is up to some other force to grant or not...

In Miss Mich's world, her money is on herself, not some ephemeral and capricious sense of justice that may or may not grant said wish. And when a pony is on the line,Dear hearts, Miss Mich is not prepared to take any chances.

Enjoy Sunday.

With love entwined (thank you Ted)
Miss Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment