Monday, April 13, 2009

Wisdom and the Open Sea

Where to start Dear hearts,

Always with a point of wisdom. Miss Mich's wisdom, obvi.

As imparted to the crew of the good ship Sanctuary over the Easter weekend, Miss Mich felt it necessary to reflect back. Way back...to a pearl that came about as a result of an afternoon of mind altering indulgence and a good throwing of the I Ching.

Consolidate One's Position. As promised in my introduction to the Guide, all the capital letter worthy subjects would be covered and this dear hearts, is one of them.

It is universal and non gender specific. It is political, strategic, and most importantly buys you time.

Use it as a red herring when in a curly situation. I, as a 17 year old used it most successfully to avoid sport and make tracks out of a mad man's lair. But it has several applications. When asked if you have finished that report: " I just need to consolidate the firm's position before I run this by you, Sir.." When the bank rings asking for last months credit card payment: "I'm just consolidating my financial position and will be in touch..." ( a much more creative way than saying the cheque's in the mail). When the bright young things ask why there is no food in the fridge, only wine and water.."I'm consolidating our calorie position and have decided on a liquid diet going forward, wine for Mummy and water for you..."

So you see, dear hearts, Consolidating One's Position has a myriad of benefits and throws the opposition, (whomever that may be) into confusion. Allowing you to escape through the dust of your own creative smoke screen. Used to effect, you will not only avoid the situation at hand, but leave behind the impression that you are terribly clever as well.

As Miss Mich is typing away, she feels as if she is still on the high seas. Her Plimpsol line is bobbing up and down and yet there are pens to sell.

With that in mind I must consolidate my position and my balance and tootle off to share the pen love.

Enjoy Tuesday.

Love Miss Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment