Friday, April 17, 2009

Wisdom for the Young

Dear hearts,

It's Friday evening and Miss Mich is just home from sharing the pen love with those sweet young apprentices and trainees. Miss Mich's benevolent benefactor, the big Kahuna, Churchill of the stationery world and all round good guy supports every year those bright young things who will end up, (along with Miss Mich's favourite son), building our houses, tiling our kitchens and installing our kick arse media rooms.

Along with the far far north's employers who give these darlings a job and the opportunity to make their way, our said Churchill puts his money where his pens are and lends a hand. The Apprentice of the Year and the Trainee of the Year were both gorgeous and talented and well deserved their awards.

Miss Mich presented her awards looking fabo, obvi, and enjoyed her moment in the bright lights.

The bright young things Miss Mich has coming through the cottage to see her babies are all so engaging, they give Miss Mich heart that the future is indeed bright.

There is just one thing...

They are all so self absorbed. Now no one is more self interested than Miss Mich. Just ask Sha ron Morrie. She of the cynical and somewhat bitter, has sat through hours of stories and historie's of Miss Mich's charms. Charms will be explained at length very soon Dear hearts, I promise. The only saving grace of the stories being that of Miss Mich's innate and natural ability to disgrace herself at all levels. Willingly and with total self effacement. What makes all of this bearable really is Miss Mich's humour, she is naturally funny (obvi). Especially when she falls over... Naked.

But enough of that.

Back to the self absorbed young ones. It is all about them. Excuse me?...

If I could remember what they go on about I would go on about it. They talk about themselves to each other , but mostly at each other. They do each others make up and hair, swap clothes and shoes and boyfriends, and God love them go out the door in a blur because I can't tell them apart. Thank goodness I have the memory of the umbilical cord to remember which are mine. I send them out with that string intact, sending them energy not unlike the whole string theory concept (stay tuned for that one as well) and am grateful when they make it home, only to regale me with self absorbed stories about who did what to whom and when and why, and sorry I can't focus any more, someone bring me wine...

Having said all that, I would not be without them. They entertain me almost as much as I entertain them. They have introduced me to Facebook, included me in their pre evening drinks and keep me young. I watch them sing, hang out, act goofy with them and get as many cuddles as I give. They make me laugh and I make them correct their grammer, straighten their bra straps and give them the three points of wisdom to get them through any night out any where.

1. Protection. Obvi.
2. Throw up if you drink too much.
3. Jeff Buckley. ( don't swim if pissed)

That wisdom has made it's way throughout the eastern suburbs of Sydney and all of Cairns and saved many. I stand by it and so do my babies.

Share the knowledge and be safe...

Enjoy the weekend.

Love Miss Mich

2 comments:

  1. 3. Jeff Buckley (don't swim if pissed)

    Have you ever been pissed off of one or two bottled beers? No, me neither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear B'berry.

    Miss Mich tends to get more pissed from one or two bottles of bubbles, then she just falls over with as much dignity as she can muster.

    ReplyDelete