Sunday, November 8, 2009

Up.Up.Up.

I have been thinking of the extraordinary Dear hearts,

That which elevates us above the ordinary.

Miss Mich must confess to having a fear of the ordinaire. It is not my intention to appear elitist, you know I am egalitarian at heart and in the immortal words of Geoff Fenech, “I love youse all”. But for myself I must say that I cannot settle for the median of anything. I would rather struggle on the edge of nothing, which if you consider Pandora's Box, a tete e tete to come, than be comfortable in the middle of well, the middle.

It doesn't take much to feel that we are operating at a higher frequency. Take notice of your surroundings. Here in the far far north we are so incredibly blessed with outstanding natural beauty. I have spoken of the full moon, all the little fishy's, the mountains and the sky. What more do you need to feel that you are floating?

To let you all in to a little secret, the easiest way to feel above the dross of the everyday is simply to laugh. One immediately feels young, energised and relaxed. There is no doubt that laughing is good for you, and your soul. There are several ways to channel said laughter. Miss Mich has been described variously as irreverent, taking the piss and just down right hilarious. I will take them all with gratitude. If I was irreverent, it must have been called for. If I took the piss, then you deserved it. If I was hilarious, then I thank you.

Sport. Stairway to heaven. Thats all I have to say about that...

Be a little bit naughty. This may or may not involve sport. Doesn't matter. Naughty is as naughty does. I love that (oh and Forrest Gump...obvi) Miss Mich can recall several acts of naughtiness with pretty much all of the major players in this blog and several more. Miss Mellie, Sha ron Morrie, Miss Christine to name a few. Don’t get me started with the boys...I would then feel compelled to elaborate. And incriminate. Myself...

The Bright Young Things are the best reference for raising oneself above the ordinaire. They are constantly challenging. Themselves, their present and their future. The songbird reaches heights that make me weep. See and hear for yourself at Salthouse on Sunday's and Mondo's on Thursday's. The baby has an insight into life that I am trying to catch up to. She is my sounding board and often the only voice of reason in the Cottage. The songbird and I are way too emotional for that little essential. My Darling boy and artisan of the mosaic. He who surfs with the dolphins of Jervis Bay and has eyes the colour and depth of the ocean, shares his ageless vibe, humour and love with all. The lovely Imps (and surrogate daughter) begins her trajectory to the fashion heavens at Whitehouse School next year. I expect nothing less than a complete wardrobe, comp, natch, to promote and share the Imps love...

My list of shortcuts to the exceptional includes aspect, light and space. Lemon, chilli and salt. Poetry. Music. Literature. I love Patrick White. All of our friends, compassion and empathy. Faith, hope and charity. Circles, trinity's and whatever you may believe in. And the last is standards. Don’t be shy about having them. Without them we become less than who we deserve to be.

Love. Lots.

Enjoy Friday.

With love
Miss Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment